Wednesday 9 March 2011

Overdue Updates/Next Single?

Hey y'all,

Firstly, apologies for the lack of any concrete updates recently - university life has been fast-paced, I swear I updated this last week, but it looks like I've left things dormant for over a month. Ah well...

I've had some really great feedback so far about the album; even those of you who were critical were kind enough to be constructive and obviously took the time to listen to it, so thanks to all. As always, feedback is appreciated, and taken on board!

I'll be honest: I'm already writing stuff for the next album, as yet untitled. I'm going to spend pretty much the entire summer (yep, 3 months, God bless UK university holidays) recording and mixing, so I'm going to be quite a bit more experimental and hopefully will get some really high-quality stuff coming out. All I'll say for now is that it's going to be a bit darker and angrier overall in tone. Oh, and it'll have fooking string arrangements. STRINGS.

'The Not-So-Great Gatsby' is being officially launched as a single this week, so I'll hopefully have more news on that soon! I'll put in the new single artwork at the end of this post.

In other news, I'd really value your input on what the next single should be. I'm kinda torn between 'The Tempest (Part One)' and 'The Lovers & The Losers', totally different feels to each song so I don't know what to choose! Maybe even 'Last Orders'...? Over to you. Comment, message me, tell me what YOU personally think. And if you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, then download the album already HERE.

Or you can tell me on my brand new Facebook fan page - only one stage away from succumbing to Twitter now...


Peace, Love, Empathy,

Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment